over 1 year ago
Liquid error: internal
Do you have experience in Adult Social Care and looking to further your experience within Local Authority? Or do you have the capacity to pick up extra work on a part time basis?
My client is seeking a reliable and passionate individual to join their Adult Social Care team, on a remote basis over a locum contract.
The successful Adult Lawyer will predominantly be providing advice on and the conduct of cases involving adult social services issues, including:
- General advice to the client department in respect of their obligations under the Care Act 2014;
- Advising on the Council's responsibilities to persons who have no recourse to public funds, dealing with matters arising under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 including deprivation of liberty safeguards and conduct of Court of Protection cases;
- Advising on the Council's responsibilities under the Mental Health Act 1983;
- Dealing with both threats of and extant judicial review proceedings
- You will also have the opportunity to undertake advocacy at the Court of Protection and County Court
- Knowledge of the interface between adult social care and NHS duties, including continuing health care would be an advantage
- The role will also involve children's judicial review work, so knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation and guidance is required
This is a great opportunity for an Adult or Childcare lawyer (who has some experience in Adult Social Care) looking to build and develop their career within local authority.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please send your CV to email@example.com to be considered for the role.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website