Up to £25000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be working with a nationwide charitable organisation to recruit a Junior Buyer. As a Junior Buyer you will support and oversee the buying processes for all goods and services.
This is an agile working role partially home and office based, therefore you will require the ability to work effectively independently, and as a virtual team, under pressure to meet challenging deadlines.
- Research, source and engage with suppliers to establish an approved, effective and rationalised supplier database
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key suppliers to ensure; continuity of supply, quality of goods and services, effective contract terms, attentive customer service, and competitive pricing
- Establish and deliver appropriate buying processes and systems for goods and services ensuring best value
- Prepare periodic reports on category spend purchases, cost analyses, compliance with agreed purchasing process. Track and report on key functional metrics
- Work with key stakeholders in the organisation to ensure clarity on purchasing procedures
- Manage energy supply arrangements, including liaison with external advisors and energy contractors and other utility providers
- Support property mobilisations and demobilisations in terms of on-boarding and off-boarding third party suppliers and contracts
- Monitor and forecast upcoming demand, along with key stakeholders, for goods and services
- Company contributary pension scheme
- Access to employee benefits platform
- 25 days leave plus 2 well being days and birthday day off
- Flexible/hybrid working - home and office, TBA
- 37 hour week but flexible hours Mon-Fri, office hours between 7am-6pm
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a marketleading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.