West Midlands, England
£300 - £400 per day
4 months ago
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Initially for 3 months, with a potential extension to 6 months
Hours: 37 hours, although part-time hours will be considered
Rate of Pay: £400 per day
We are currently looking for an experienced individual to work within the Legal and Governance directorate. We are looking for highly experienced candidates who will be able to work with elected members as well as support and assist the Director of Law and Governance.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
* Experience of supporting and ideally hearing grievances and disciplinaries.
* Evidence of exposure to or an established understanding of the democratic process.
* Experience of managing Legal and Governance services within the Local Government environment.
* Proven experience of being able to carry out investigations into Standards complaints, as well as lead on responding to Freedom of Information and Subject Access Requests.
* Ability to deal with high volume casework and complex matters under pressure
* Ability to understand complex legislation and reports quickly
* To be able to produce accurate and concise documents, reports, letters and general correspondence
We are looking for candidates who can interview as soon as possible and who are available to start immediately.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Kate Jasper in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.