Lead Java Developer
Newcastle upon Tyne
£40057 - £45839 per annum
0191 261 8585
Lead Java Developer
Newcastle / Hybrid Working
£40,057 - £45,839
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Lead Java Developer within a progressive and ethical organisation on a permanent basis. This unique opportunity will guarantee the successful Lead Java Developer to provide expert knowledge in a leading role with specialist skills specifically within the software development and associated IT skills and disciplines (underpinned by theory) to actively design, develop implement and enable on-going support of new and existing services.
The Lead Java Developer will be responsible for the following duties;
- Evaluating, analysing, and interpreting highly complex information and requirements to inform development of applications and services, providing options to support a range of solutions.
- Applying specialist knowledge, defining and applying appropriate methods and procedures throughout the full development lifecycle in accordance with IT standards and customer requirements.
- Designing, developing and delivering systems and services that provide value based features and benefits for new and existing services.
- Redesigning, re-factoring and innovatively delivering modernisation of existing services, in a creative and timely manner.
- Using incident, problem, request and change management processes and systems to support the successful implementation of system enhancements and fault resolutions, in a timely manner.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance for resolving complex issues that affect bespoke services, third-party applications and configurable of the shelf products (CoTS) and services, to support swift resolution of problems and major incidents.
The Lead Java Developer will have;
- Software development lifecycle, including but not limited to developing code based applications, quality assurance and test processes, and supporting in a 2nd/3rd line environment.
- One or more of the following:
- AWS Lambda
- Cloud deployment platforms and techniques
- Implementation and support
If you are interested in the Lead Java Developer opportunity, please apply immediately to be considered for short-listing. Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please do not hesitate to contact Jake Winship in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion. The closing date for applications is Friday 1st July.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.