over 1 year ago
Liquid error: internal
If you are a qualified Solicitor with good knowledge of contract and commercial law, looking for a role where you can really make a difference then this could be for you!
Sellick Partnership are working alongside a large charity based in London and are interested in hearing from those who have a minimum of 4 years' PQE and broad experience gained within a similar position.
The successful Legal and Compliance Counsel will be responsible for providing pragmatic and proactive legal, compliance and commercial support and advice to colleagues across the organisation. Key duties include:
- Providing legal support, drafting and advice to all levels of the organisation for contracts between third parties to support core activities of Programming (International and UK), Fundraising, and Policy and Advocacy
- Providing legal compliance advice on legal and donor requirements (e.g. donor due diligence, monitoring of policy and compliance requirements and investigation into and handling of compliance concerns or incidents)
- Liaising with external counsel in the UK and overseas and assisting with the management of pro bono relationships
- Advising employees on general legal issues and risks arising from the organisations operations (e.g. charity fundraising laws and charity governance)
- Developing, advising on, promoting, implementing and maintaining policies, practices and procedures to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, good corporate governance and the effective management of legal risk
- Assisting with the creation, maintenance and implementation of standard legal documents, guidance notes and policies, and with development and delivery of training to staff on legal issues
This an exciting time to join the organisation as they are in the process of growing their organisation internationally. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a Legal & Compliance team that is responsible for providing advice, support and representation on legal, legal compliance and information security issues.
Our client is open to both permanent and locum applications at this stage, so if you feel you have the necessary skills please email your CV to email@example.com to discuss further.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.