Legal and Inquest Manager
£25 - £33.60 per hour
0161 834 1642
Legal and Inquest Manager
London NHS Trust
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal and Inquest Manager to join a well-regarded London NHS Trust on a locum basis. For the successful individual, this role could also provide long term prospects for those who are open to considering permanent opportunities down the line.
This forward thinking and successful Trust boasts a culture of co-operative and integrated working and are flexible with home working.
The Legal and Inquest Manager is a high profile role responsible for ensuring the NHS Trust has appropriate legal advice in all areas of activity. To assume this role, you will have a legal background but do not need to be a qualified Solicitor or Barrister, and you will ideally have worked in an NHS Trust before. Managerial experience is desirable as you will have line management responsibility for one other person.
The successful Legal and Inquest Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Providing healthcare legal advice to all groups of staff, instructing Trust solicitors where formal advice is needed for highly complex matters;
- Liaising with Trust solicitors, defendant solicitors, NHS Resolution, the Coroner's court, Police and other external bodies as appropriate.
- Presenting highly complex, sensitive and contentious information relating to legal matters to groups of staff and senior managers;
- Supporting the Trust Secretary with the effective and cost efficient management of legal claims including clinical negligence, employers liability, public liability, property expenses) in accordance with NHS Resolution reporting guidelines;
- Supporting the review and implementation of related Trust policies, procedures or documents as appropriate and offer advice on and proposing changes to other policies where legal issues may arise;
- Identifying inquests which are likely to prove contentious following discussion with Trust solicitors, authorising formal representation from Trust solicitors where appropriate.
- Attending inquests on behalf of the trust and provide a supporting function to staff witnesses pre-inquest and attending the inquest in support of witnesses.
- Liaising directly with the Coroner's office, Trust solicitors and Trust staff on matters related to Coroner's inquests;
- Liaising with the Communications Team and agreeing appropriate handling regarding high profile legal cases/inquests.
This role will bring challenge, autonomy, opportunity and is highly rewarding. You will be managing one direct report, and you will also be leading on specific projects.
If you have the necessary skills, ambition and experience to take on the role of Legal and Inquest manager at this well-respected NHS Trust, please apply now via this advert. Our client is looking for a relatively quick appointment, so availability and speed of response is crucial.
Should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chloë Cameron in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.