£30 - £45 per hour
4 months ago
3 months +
Legal Business Manager
London based Local Authority
Locum contract, full time
3 months rolling contract
Are you an experienced Legal Business Manger looking to work within a well-respected London Borough Council?
We are thrilled to be recruiting for a Legal Business Manager to Join a London Borough Council's Skilled and favourable team on a locum basis. This contract is for an initial 3 months with the view to extend on a rolling basis.
This is a full-time contract and the team are currently working predominantly remote, though employees can work in the Local Authority's modern offices situated in South London if preferred. The Council are located conveniently nearby to public transport links. On offer is £35-45 hourly rate, flexible working, interesting caseload and a delightful working environment.
- The Legal business manager will be leading, co-ordinating and managing all business, administrative, information systems and financial aspects of the Law & Governance Division.
- To ensure the provision of high quality business support service and function to the legal Division.
- To act as manager for the maintenance and implementation as applicable of standards of excellence (Lexcel) across the legal services division.
- Assist and support the Director of Law, heads of legal, lawyers and other legal division staff with the overall management of effective legal services provision to all client departments and day to day management of the Legal support team.
- Assist and support the Director of Law, heads of legal, lawyers and other legal services staff in achieving service objectives by providing accurate and timely reports including maintenance of the department financial and case management systems and provide detailed and regular reports.
- To degree standard, and possibly CIMA or ACCA, CIPFA qualification.
- A detailed knowledge of Legal Practice Management systems and processes.
- A detailed knowledge of practice management standards as they apply to a professional legal/professional practice.
- An in-depth knowledge of the relationship between demand management, performance management and continuous improvement.
- An in-depth understanding of managerial concepts, practices and principles, including knowledge of project management, change management, demand management and strategic management.
- Strong leadership, project planning, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Experience working within a local authority.
Benefits include competitive pay rate, flexible working, and autonomy over work load and team.
With this being a locum position, our client is seeking a Legal Business Manager who can start immediately or on short notice so please apply ASAP to avoid missing out on this fantastic opportunity! Should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.