Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£20000 - £27000 per annum
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be assisting an outstanding Firm with the recruitment of a Legal Cashier / Senior Billing Assistant.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful Legal Cashier / Seniro Billing Assistant will beworking as a key member of a small billing team, in the larger Accounts department responsible for delivering an efficient and effective bill processing services.
Key Attributes and Skills:
- Experience of working in a billing team within the legal sector or professional services
- Able to work under pressure, ensuring an accurate and efficient turnaround of bills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Proactive, with ability to prioritise and manage workload and use initiative to resolve issues
- Flexible approach to workload
- Checking invoices prepared by the fee earners through the workflow process in the Aderant billing system, ensuring compliance with internal policies and SRA and VAT rules
- Producing client-specific bills in accordance with their billing requirements
- Uploading invoices to various e-billing solutions and resolving any issues arising
- Responding promptly to all billing related queries, both internal and external
- Preparing bills for foreign clients
- Liaising with fee earners, secretaries and credit controllers
- Creating credit notes
- Writing off irrecoverable WIP and disbursements
- Maintaining client and matter data, including time amendments, time transfers, WIP write offs, chargeout rates, PO numbers
- Assisting with other accounting tasks throughout the month as reasonably required.
For more informaiton please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership, Newcastle.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.