£25 - £32 per hour
over 1 year ago
Contract - Full-time
£25-32 per hour
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Officer to join the regulatory law team of a professional healthcare association in the UK. The successful candidate will handle confidential and commercially sensitive information at all times and undertake advocacy including charges of alleged professional misconduct. The Legal Officer will manage a caseload and work collaboratively with lawyers and support staff within the regulatory department and the wider legal department. Duties will include advising and supporting members on all issues of regulatory law and undertaking staff development reviews, ensuring training and development needs are met.
The ideal candidate for this Legal Officer role will have:
- Law degree
- Ideally but not essentially qualified as a Lawyer (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
The successful candidate for this Legal Officer role will be required to:
- Represent members in respect of Regulatory proceedings arising out of the NHS and Independent healthcare sectors.
- The above to include charges of alleged professional misconduct and undertaking advocacy
- Manage caseloads and providing advice and representation to members in other Regulatory matters such as Disclosure and Barring Service
- Advise and support members and internal officers on all issues of regulatory law
- Contribute to training of members and internal officers
- Undertake the staff development reviews and ensure their training and development needs are met
- Work collaboratively with other appropriate parts of the organisation
- Permanent position
- Convenient central location
- Minimum 2 month contract
- £25-32 per hour
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.