South East England, England
£44000 - £44405 per annum
9 months ago
£44,000 - £44,405
We are delighted to be recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Services Manager/Principal Litigation Lawyer to join a small Council based in the Home Counties on a permanent basis.
The Legal Services Manager/ Principal Litigation Lawyer will take responsibility for all the Council's litigation work both criminal and civil, in addition to Licensing law alongside managing a team. The candidate will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the team, the candidate will conduct one to ones with the team on a monthly basis and undertake the annual appraisals.
There may be a requirement for the Legal Services Manager to cover scrutiny committees or other evening meetings from time to time, therefore skills to deal with members is vital.
Ideally our client is looking for a Legal Services Manager/ Principal Litigation Lawyer with local authority experience but will consider those with transferable and relevant skills.
Duties for the Legal Services Manager/Principal Litigation Lawyer include:
- To assist the Head of Legal Services in the provision of the following:
- Advocacy in the County Court
- Advocacy in the Magistrates Court
- Advice on Housing Law
- Advice on Landlord & Tenant Law
- Preparation of contracts, licences and agreements, as required
- Advising the Licensing Applications sub-committee and officers regarding
the Council's functions pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003.
- The provision of training to officers and members on Licensing Law
- Provision of advice and advocacy in the County Court to partner housing associations.
- Deputise for the Head of Legal Services in their absence.
- To ensure good liaison between legal services and all departments of the Council
- To manage a personal workload of varied litigation matters, including the recovery by the Council of monies owed through litigation in the Magistrates' and County Courts and to conduct housing possessions in the County Court. To prosecute criminal cases in the Magistrates' Court and provide legal advice on the Council's functions pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003 and advice the Licensing Applications Sub-committee.
- To provide similar legal services to the Council's partner housing association and other Council's were arrangements have been made for shared services.
- Assist the Head of Legal Services with the accreditation of the section to the LEXCEL standard and retention of that standard.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade which contribute to the purpose and responsibilities of the post.
In return the council offers great benefits:
- Flexibility with working from home
- Friendly and Supportive Council
- Invest heavily in training for an individual
- Free Parking
- Free Membership to the local leisure centre
- Great quality of work
The council are operating remotely for the foreseeable future, with a high-degree of remote working as restrictions lift.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Zanub Najmi in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.