£37890 - £41881 per annum + excellent package
8 months ago
Litigation and Employment Lawyer
Salary £37,890 - £41,881
Relocation package available subject to terms and conditions
Sellick Partnership is recruiting an experienced litigation lawyer to join a busy yet supportive local authority legal team located in the heart of Devon. This is a chance to enjoy a truly varied range of cases for an organisation whose focus is to work with and for the local community.
The role of the Litigation and Employment Lawyer include:
- Managing a varied civil litigation caseload covering such areas as SEN, education law advice to schools and highways matters
- Advising on planning enforcement matters
- Criminal litigation cases relating to trading standards, fraud, health and safety and animal welfare
- In addition, you will have the opportunity to provide advice on a range of Employment Law matters including disciplinary cases and addressing grievances, whistleblowing and Equality Act implications in staffing issues, TUPE and policy development as well as defending the Council in Employment Tribunal claims
- Conduct of own advocacy as required
The successful litigation lawyer will be a qualified solicitor, barrister or legal executive with previous litigation experience gained in a similar role. You will have a good working knowledge of some of these areas of law and will be willing to learn new areas of law to be able to provide fast paced legal advice on a range of legal topics.
Alongside working in a beautiful part of the country, you will also receive an attractive package that includes:
- 24 days' paid annual leave (rising incrementally to 28 days based on length of service), plus bank holidays
- Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working opportunities including flexitime and homeworking
- Access to Perks at Work and Devon Discounts schemes, offering a fantastic array of savings and discounts at local and high-street brands
The client is keen to promote a healthy work/life balance and is open to both full time and part time applications alongside homeworking.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for the role of Litigation and Employment Lawyer, please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester office for more details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.