City of London, London
£25 - £35 per hour + flexible working arrangements
7 months ago
11 months +
London - Remote Working
Contract - Full-time
An exciting opportunity had arisen for a lawyer, who ideally has experience within local government or the public sector to join a team within Central Government. This role is suited to a Qualified Solicitor/ Barrister or equivalent with experience of complex multi-party litigation. This role is a full time position with an expectation of an initial contract of 11 months with the possibility of extension.
Skills and Experience of the Litigation Lawyer:
- Previous experience dealing with litigation cases, preferably complex civil and commercial litigation work
- Previous experience of working with large scale disclosure exercises, preferably with e- disclosure platforms
- Previous experience within the public sector or government department and insight into the interrelationship between law and politics desirable
- Able to work to deadlines and as part of a project team
- Build and maintain good working relationships
Main Duties of the Litigation Lawyer:
- Work together with a Senior Lawyer, counsel team and client team to project manage complex litigation.
- Undertake legal research tasks.
- Undertake disclosure tasks, including on an e-disclosure platform.
- Assist in drafting correspondence with various stakeholders and other parties in the litigation.
- Ability to horizon scan for future issues and work together with the wider team in providing legal and litigation strategy advice to clients.
- Central London location
- Central Government Department
- Supportive teams and excellent working environment
- Quality cases and work
- Remote working followed by flexible working arrangements
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Xiomara Cabello in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.