15 days ago
Contract - Full-time
Litigation Lawyer with advocacy experience required to join the Solicitor's Office and Legal Operations Directorate of HMRC. This is a front line litigation role involving advocacy before the First Tier Tribunal (Tax). The successful solicitor or barrister will be responsible for their own caseload which will range from penalty appeals through to complex avoidance, with the majority of challenges proceed to a hearing. Prior advocacy experience is essential as this is a heavily advocacy based role and the solicitor or barrister right for this role will have 2+ years litigation experience and be able to deal with complex and non-routine cases.
This busy litigation team deals with appeals before the First Tier Tribunal (Tax); the successful solicitor or barrister will ideally have experience in Tax Law however this is helpful rather than necessary. Advocacy experience is imperative and a solid grasp of the rules of evidence and procedure is ideal. It will be required of the Litigation Lawyer to build and maintain relationships with clients and provide a service that addresses client needs from outset of each case through to case completion.
Key Responsibilities of a Litigation Lawyer
- Complying with policies, standards, procedures and service level agreements
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensible case files
- Complying with Litigation Groups Quality policies
- Working proactively not reactively
- Managing all aspects of the client relationship for each allocated case
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Demonstrating an understanding of commercial, political and policy context
Required skills and experience of the Litigation Lawyer
- Advocacy experience is essential
- 2+ years litigation experience
- Be able to demonstrate appropriate levels of delegation and risk management
- An understanding of commercial, political and policy context
- Proven experience in managing own litigation caseload
- Experience in Tax Law is not necessary but would be helpful
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.