£30 - £40 per hour + D.O.E
10 months ago
3 months +
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Litigation Lawyer to join a local authority in Oxfordshire.
Our client is seeking an experienced Litigation Lawyer to join them in the next couple of weeks for an initial period of 3 months, however this may be extended beyond that.
The role will involve dealing with broad range of litigation matters such as:
- Advocacy in the Magistrates' Court, Crown Court and County Court
- Regulatory prosecutions (e.g. HMO enforcement, health and safety, littering, unlawful eviction, planning enforcement and environmental offences) to include conducting trial hearings
- ASB litigation (e.g. injunctions, closure orders, community protection notice breaches and criminal behaviour orders)
- Tenancy fraud prosecutions (Prevention of Social Housing Fraud Act 2013)
- Council Tax Reduction fraud prosecutions
- Local authority licensing (e.g. premises licensing, taxi licensing, sex shop licensing and street trading)
- Providing advice to the Council's licensing sub-committee
The role is full time, and some home working may be available after an initial settling in period.
This role will suit someone with a public sector background, who could hit the ground running and pick up an existing caseload with ease.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Laura Hayward in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.