Litigation Lawyer - Competition Lawyer
Up to £64300 per annum + + civil service pension
0161 834 1642
Permanent - Full-time
£64,300 per annum + Civil Service Pension Scheme
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Litigation/Competition Lawyer to join a reputable organisation in Central Government as an Référendaire (Litigation Lawyer) whose function is to hear and decide cases involving competition or economic regulatory issues. The role will require you to be working directly for the President, Chairmen and Registrar of the organisation. The post corresponds to that of a Référendaire at the EU General Court but also encompasses a case handling role.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop real experience at the cutting edge of both substantive competition law and legal procedure but to also work within a collaborative/ supportive team.
The work covers nearly every aspect of competition litigation, including appeals against infringement decisions, judicial reviews of merger and market investigations and private litigation (including collective actions and fast track procedures).
- Research case law and produce well written analyses
- Liaise with the parties and members in the conduct of cases before the Central Government organisation
- Attend hearings and assist on relevant issues as required
- Prepare drafts of orders and judgments
- Assist in relation to outside speaking engagements
The ideal Candidate for this Litigation Lawyer role will have:
- Practical experience of Competition law and EU law
- Litigation experience or clear understanding of litigation procedures
- Excellent case handling skills (including interpersonal skills)
- Generally, legal skills to a very high standard and incisive intellect with keen powers of analysis
- Capable of handling issues of law and fact raised in the submissions of parties
- Sophisticated drafting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong academic and practical background
- Equable temperament able both to work on their own or easily with others in teams
- Willingness to work outside normal hours where necessary to get the job done in time and to the highest possible professional standard
- Good IT skills
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Zanub in our London office for a confidential discussion on 0203 997 9255 or via email on Zanub.email@example.com
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.