City of Westminster, London
£16 - £20 per hour
over 1 year ago
A Litigation Legal Officer is required to join a highly reputable Local Authority based in London. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is experienced in litigation, to join their diverse and growing litigation team on a full-time, locum basis.
As a Litigation Legal Officer, you will be working within the litigation team which is dedicated to its clients and supportive of its team members. You will work within a team managing a varied caseload of Civil Litigation matters, including Housing and Debt Recovery work.
As a Litigation Legal Officer, you will be dealing with;
- Housing possession claims for properties across the Borough
- Keeping files for the eviction of tenants after warrants for possession are granted
- Process charging orders
- Debt recovery and insolvency paperwork
- National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR) and council tax debt recovery
- Drafting of planning enforcement notices
- Processing of warrants to enter properties to undertake annual gas safety checks
- Prosecutions work and attendance in the County Court and Magistrates Court
Required skills and experience of the Litigation Legal Officer
- At least 1 years litigation experience within a local authority or private practice
- A good working knowledge of debt recovery and the ability to review and apply evidence to regulatory provisions
- Knowledge of prosecutions and drafting of summonses is not essential but the willingness to learn and adapt existing skills to this area of work is desirable
- Ability to work with a relatively high degree of autonomy and take initiative
- Ability to think independently, research and apply principles to client matters
- Strong client care skills
- Commercially minded with the ability to give good quality advice in a manner which is easily understood by clients
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team that prides itself in the first class service it offers its clients. This local authority is happy to accommodate the successful candidate with a level of flexibility with working hours and working from home.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Litigation Legal Officer role, please apply now by sending an up to date CV to Kemi Awodiji at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.