Up to £28 per hour
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently seeking two Litigation Officers to join a local authority on a locum basis. This local authority is part of a shared legal service and this would be an excellent opportunity to be part of an exciting and vibrant team.
The post holder will primarily be dealing with rent possession cases, service charge debt recovery and summary prosecutions.
The role will also involve:
- Dealing with the processing of debt recovery, possession proceedings routine prosecutions and general litigation cases
- Drafting County Court claims and having conduct of the case through to judgment being obtained
- Dealing with any matters concerning the enforcement of judgments
- Clarifying with client officers any difficult areas and dealing with and responding to any defences and/or counterclaims
- Drafting summonses in connection with prosecutions by the Council
- Attending the County Court, Magistrates Court and other Tribunals and advocating on behalf of the Council in litigation actions in Chambers and open court
- Providing litigation support to the solicitors in the Litigation Team, including without limitation, preparing witness statements, dealing with discovery and attending court with Counsel
This role is initially for 3 months with the view of extension thereafter.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Kate Wilkinson in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide.
We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.