South East England, England
Up to £45 per hour
6 months ago
Litigation Solicitor / Legal Executive
Locum, Full Time
A Litigation Lawyer is required to join a local authority for a minimum of 6-9 months, there is also an opportunity for this to go permanent.
As a Litigation Lawyer you will deal with a range of specialist matters with a specific focus on debt recovery in relation to Adult Social Care. You will work on complex debt recovery cases to maximise the recovery of sums owed to the Council (e.g. debts due from the estates of deceased customers).
You will manage the progress of matters from initial instructions through to recovery of sums owed, where necessary by drafting and issuing court proceedings and where applicable making applications to the District Probate Registry to protect the Council's interests as creditor and to secure the recovery of sums owed to the Council.
Other duties will include:
- Conducting Legal research
- Advising on the Law/ procedures
- Undertake complex drafting - letters before action, statements of case and court forms
Required skills and experience:
- Qualified solicitor or Legal Executive with the above experience
- Candidates from Private Practice will be considered
- Familiarity with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Care Act 2014
- Previous experience of debt recovery procedures, Civil Procedure Rules 1998, the Debt Protocol and the Practice Direction on Pre-action Conduct
Benefits of the role:
- A competitive hourly rate
- Exposure to intricate matters
- Great length assignment
- All remote working arrangement
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please contact Amy Swain on 0161 513 0886, alternatively email email@example.com
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.