Brighton, East Sussex
£30000 - £40000 per annum
2 months ago
Starting Salary £30,000
Remote/ Hybrid working
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Litigation Paralegal to join a Regulatory body in Brighton on a permanent basis.
You will be joining a seperate part of the organisation and working within a team of 7 which comprises of lawyers and paralegals. Our client is looking for an ambitious paralegal who has excellent decision making skills. You will ideally come from a litigation background and have at least 1 year working within this environment however they are open to considering someone from a different background that wants to relish an opportunity within litigation. This role can help work towards those who are looking to qualify through the CILEX route or those wanting to move into a lawyer position with career prospects on the horizon.
Duties will include;
- Coordinate and administer regulatory cases referred to the Panel. Generate, draft, format all correspondence and legal notices (including meeting minutes) and issue on behalf of the Panel from/to internal and external parties on a case.
- Draft and format other legal documents on behalf of the DP and DPS team lawyers
- Produce minutes for the DP quarterly meetings and case meetings where required
- Conduct legal research on request of the DPS team lawyers
- Liaise with Determinations Panel, external counsel and other external parties.
- Create and maintain accurate records and an audit trail of decisions and action
- Provide legal input and support for the wider Corporate Governance and Compliance team
We encourage interested applicants seeking part time or full time to apply immediately to be considered for short listing due to the closing date being 23rd August. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chelsey Newsom in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.