West Sussex, England
£29422 - £35422 per annum
over 1 year ago
12 month contract
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Litigation Paralegal to join a large regulatory body in Sussex on a 12-month fixed-term contract.
My client is seeking an enthusiastic paralegal to join their busy Enforcement team. The successful paralegal will ideally have previous experience of working in a regulatory, commercial or litigation environment.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support the enforcement case teams through the efficient management of documents using bespoke document management software or external software, including filing, collation, indexing, printing and bundling
- Assist in document review and disclosure exercises, including searching for relevant evidence, identifying privileged material, listing, reviewing and redacting documents
- Conduct legal research and assist in maintaining know-how database
- Liaise with Counsel and other external parties
- Record and monitor legal costs
- Provide administrative support at Determinations Panel (DP), Tribunal and Court hearings
- Format, produce and arrange service of legal documents
- File documentation with the DP / Tribunal / Court to required deadlines
- Depending on prior experience and satisfactory completion of training, draft Tribunal pleadings and appear at hearings on behalf of the organisation
- Take witness statements
- Provide general administrative assistance, including drafting agendas and minutes of meetings
On offer is a competitive starting salary of at least £29,422 and the successful paralegal will enjoy a whole host of company benefits. These include performance-related pay, flexible working arrangements and a Civil Service Pension scheme which is recognised as one of the best in the world.
The offices are located in the heart of a lively city, right next to the train station and surrounded by a range of shops, cafes and restaurants.
Does this sound like a place you want to work? Please get in touch immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please contact Chloë Cameron in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.