City of London, London
£13 - £17 per hour + flexible working arrangements
9 months ago
Locum - Full-time
Salary: £13 - £17 per hour
London - Remote Working
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal/ NQ Lawyer to join a team within Central Government on a 12 month basis with likely extension. This role requires experience within litigation and ability to take ownership of cases, with support from colleagues.
The Paralegal will have responsibility for managing cases from commencement of proceedings through to hearing and conclusion at Court. This is a challenging but ultimately, highly rewarding role. There is a strong teamworking ethos and a variety of interesting and challenging work. Applicants will need to be flexible, self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative.
Main Duties of the Litigation Paralegal:
- Independently drafting and serving notices, applications and other key documents on the courts
- Independently drafting and sending case correspondence
- Checking, proofing and serving witness statements
- Prepare chronologies
- Identifying relevant documents and producing bundles
- Advocacy at some hearings
- Instructing counsel
- Effective liaison with clients and with the Court Service
Key Requirements of the Litigation Paralegal:
- Law degree (or Any degree plus law conversion, Law degree plus LPC, Law Degree plus BPTC, CILEx equivalent)
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and apply it correctly to litigation casework
- Work flexibly and as part of a team, working with and maintaining good relationships with all colleagues and customers,
- Have determination to ensure completion of tasks and take responsibility for your own area of work
- Have good communication skills and commitment to ensuring deadlines are met.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Xiomara Cabello in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.