£25 - £40 per hour + Dependent on experience
4 months ago
3 Months +
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting an experienced Democratic Services Team Leader for approximately 3 months with the possibility of extension.
As Democratic Services Team Leader, you will have operational responsibility of the democratic service for the local authority, ensuring all council decisions are recorded and published as required by legislation and the Council's constitution.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and delivering the servicing of the Council, Cabinet Committees, Sub Committees and all other Member level bodies and key officer groups supporting decision making.
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance to Members.
- Ensuring all meetings conform to legal requirements and in accordance with the Constitution, corporate standards and relevant procedures.
- Provide advice to Councillors, staff and members of the public on statutory and procedural matters about the administration of the committees.
- Organisation and attendance at corporate events.
- Oversight of governance processes for the team in relation to health and safety, risk management, business continuity and data protection.
- Performance management of team members and identification of training and development needs.
- The successful candidate will be proactive with a 'can do' and motivated approach to this role. It is essential that you have substantial experience in committee administration ideally gained within local government or another public sector body. You will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of local government functions, structures and procedures. With excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this Democratic Services Team Leader role, we encourage you to apply immediately. For further information or a confidential chat, please contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.