£20 - £25 per hour
8 months ago
3 Months +
3 Months +
£20 - 25 per hour
An excellent opportunity is being offered by a friendly and growing local Authority in the Bedfordshire offering a Locum role for an experienced Childcare paralegal to join the team on a full time basis of 3 months with the view for extension. This opportunity offers a fully remote working basis and a highly competitive hourly rate.
The successful childcare applicant will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Assisting with a caseload of care proceedings, reporting and filing key details to the solicitor working the cases
- Having a good understanding of highly complex case matters including NAI and issues of parental capacity
- Drafting and sending police and public service disclosure orders
- Working closely with social workers and instructing counsel
- Work closely with solicitors on pre proceedings and case proceedings
- Requesting funding approval from external advocacy services
- Sending orders for hospital and police disclosure to the relevant authorities and chasing up where required
- Requesting translation documents where ordered
A Childcare paralegal or legal assistant with local authority experience is highly preferable, however our client is willing to consider childcare paralegals or legal assistants from a private practice background with transferable skills.
If you are interested, please apply immediately to be considered for short-listing. Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying, please do not hesitate to contact Chelsey Newsom in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.