£19 - £25 per hour
about 1 month ago
£19-25 per hour Umbrella
36.5 hours per week
A highly reputable University Based in central London are seeking a Contracts Officer to join their friendly team on a locum basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Contracts Officer to join a well-regarded University's research contracts team on an initial 3 month contract with the view for extension. The role is predominantly remote working, though they would ideally want the successful contracts officer in office one day per week.
- Support the heads of research contracts and contracts managers in order to facilitate the timely administration of research contracts.
- Support the research contracts team in their provision of legal contracting advice to academic teams and principle investigators and liaising with external persons.
- Support the management of the research contracts portfolio with specific emphasis on Material Transfer Agreements and from time to time support other agreements on behalf of the contracts team.
- Prepare standard form agreements primarily confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, amendments, data transfer agreements and liaising with relevant parties (internally and externally) in this regard.
- Drafting and negotiating primarily Material Transfer Agreements and from time to time other agreements on behalf of the Contracts Team and liaising with relevant parties (internally and externally) in this regard.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Law degree (preferable) OR significant experience in an equivalent job/role.
- Demonstrated experience of drafting, negotiating and concluding Material Transfer Agreements, Data Transfer Agreements and other research related Contracts (i.e. NDAs and amendments to agreements)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of key research contract clauses
- Experience of identifying and addressing potential risks in Material Transfer Agreements, Data Transfer Agreements and the other types of research related contracts referred to above.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a really well regarded and internationally ranking research university. If you believe you have the necessary skills for this fantastic opportunity, please apply now to avoid missing out as they are looking for someone to start immediately. Apply through the link, or send your CV to Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.