28 days ago
Up to £60 per hour Umbrella
Are you a skilled education lawyer looking for a locum position within a well-respected local authority?
Our client is looking for an education lawyer, ideally with experience of working in local authority to join their welcoming and hardworking team on a locum basis. The contract is an initial 6 months with the likelihood to extend. The role is predominantly remote but they would ideally like the successful candidate to attend the office in Central London 1 day per week.
The successful education Lawyer will have an in depth knowledge of the law in relation to education advice and policy and Special Educational Needs (SEN) tribunal work. You must also have a practical understanding of local government law and the impact of human rights and equalities legislation.
- Advise upon and prepare cases in relation to SEN cases and appear on behalf of the Council before the SEND Tribunal.
- Advise on Education law generally, including the preparation of proceedings in relation to Schools and Academies, parents and pupils. This may include, but is not limited to advice about parental bans, exclusions, discrimination and education law related matters.
- As the Council's Education Lawyer you will have conduct of your own caseload.
- The Education Lawyer role requires you to have a strong customer focus. You will be expected to provide updates, training and advice to clients.
- You must be able to handle a substantial caseload, often working to strict deadlines and on short notice.
- You will be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive who is entitled to practice prior to taking up the appointment.
- Previous local government experience is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrable ability and aptitude for advocacy is essential together with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- It is essential that you possess good communication skills and have the ability to work effectively as part of a busy and committed team.
- It is also essential that you are a keen and confident advocate and that you have a good knowledge of the law as it applies to Education and SEN.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-regarded London Borough Council, with interesting workloads and the opportunity to develop your expertise in a highly sought-after area of law. With this being a locum position, our client is seeking an education Lawyer who can start immediately or on short notice so if you believe you have the necessary skills, please apply today to avoid missing out! Should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.