£30 - £35 per hour
5 months ago
3 months +
We are delighted to be recruiting for a locum Employment Lawyer to join a London Borough Council on a locum contract. This initial contract is expected to extend.
The council offer remote working and flexible working arrangements. The offices are also located nearby to public transport links although given the current climate this role will be undertaken remotely until further notice.
The locum Employment Lawyer will be responsible for the provision of specialist complex legal advice within the area of employment, including pensions, TUPE and in-sourcing, ensuring the principles of good governance, and that priorities are met in accordance with the regulatory framework.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- A fully qualified Lawyer (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- Previous working experience in Public Law and the public sector
- Extensive knowledge of and practice in Employment law and related concepts
- Previous experience of providing high level proactive, solution focused advice to organisations
- Experience of conducting complex and extensive negotiations with senior managers, Trade Unions
- Litigation background with considerable autonomy
- Tribunal experience
- Experience of advising on law, regulation and policy relating to pensions, industrial relations, workforce issues, terms and conditions of employment and equalities
The successful locum Employment Lawyer will be joining a great team, and will be part of a well respected Council. On offer is a competitive hourly rate, flexible working arrangements, and career progression. My client is ideally looking for someone to join them on a full time basis but is open to taking someone on a part time arrangement.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.