£40 - £50 per hour + DOE + remote working
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently seeking an experienced Corporate Governance Lawyer to join a highly regarded local authority in the North West on a locum basis, for around 10 months to cover maternity leave.
As Corporate Governance Lawyer you will have ideally previously worked in local authority and will be required to assist in the following duties:
- Advising on standard matters, the Constitution and provide advice on Code of Conduct matters
- Ensure that the Council's Constitution is maintained, reviewed, developed and updated
- Provide advice and support to members and officers on the working and content of the Constitution together with any associated protocols, codes and guidance
- Ensure that members and officers comply with the decision making processes
- Attend, as required, the Standards Committee and Executive, as well as any other committee, sub-committee, or panel
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Natalie Atherall in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.