Locum Head of Legal
South East England, England
£500 - £600 per day
0161 834 1642
Locum Head of Legal
A Head of Legal is required to join a local authority in the Home Counties on a temporary basis for a period of 3 - 6 months whilst permanent recruitment takes place.
The successful post holder will have at least 5 years' experience of working within a local authority setting and will have previous managerial experience as a Head of Service or Monitoring Officer/ Governance background.
The right candidate will be innovative and dynamic in order to be able to transform the service delivery and drive new and exciting projects being brought to the council. This role will encompass managing a legal team, democratic services and provide monitoring officer duties including elections.
Duties will include;
- Acting as a lead in strategic and operational finance and budget management
- Attending Code of Conduct hearings
- Managing a team of principal lawyers
- Leading and transforming various teams in local government (legal, constitutional services, elections, civic office, land charges and procurement) and shared services
- Ensuring appropriate corporate governance arrangements are in place across the Council
- Generating additional income for the authority and reducing external legal spend
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chelsey Newsom in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.