Manchester, Greater Manchester
£29000 - £36000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for a Part-Qualified Management Accountant to join a great organisation working at their impressive offices in Manchester. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to take their next step in their career within the housing sector to assist in the management accounts and service charge responsibilities.
The duties of the Management Accountant are:
- Review group level service charge income and expenditure to evaluate cost recovery and trends;
- Review monthly variance analysis with the service charge finance officers to identify issues including poor cost control. Support the team to challenge budget holders and drive through change;
- Assist in reducing service charges on hard to let and high value service charge schemes;
- Work alongside the assets team to ensure accurate costings for sinking funds;
- Implement and manage a third party charges database to ensure compliance and accurate budgeting;
- Maintain an up to date register of all leased schemes specifying contractual arrangements around reviews and audit requirements and surplus/deficit treatment;
- Support the production of Directorate packs analysing in month and year to date variances against budget and projection, quantifying the year end impact and any potential impact to future years budgets;
- To set and embed a high support/high challenge culture in line with the Competency Framework in order to support and develop your team to realise individual and team potential and ensure effective service delivery.
- To provide cover for absences, as required
The ideal Management Accountant:
The successful candidate will be a part-qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent (QBE/ AAT) with exposure to management accounts, ideally within the housing sector although not necessary. This is an integral role and one that will have a huge impact on the business and will be a great opportunity to progress within your career. You will have strong IT skills and experience of manipulating large volumes of data for multiple scenarios.
If you or anyone you know has the matching skillset or experience for this Management Accountant role, please contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership at email@example.com.
For further information on this role please forward your CV today. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.