Greater Manchester, England
12 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting for an interim Management Accountant to join an established NHS organisation, based within Greater Manchester. The post holder will be responsible for providing a wide range of accounting and budgetary support within a designated area of the organisations operations. Key duties include setting and agreement of annual budgets (financial plans) and monitoring of performance against financial plans through detailed analytical review and investigation of variances.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Agree and set annual budgets in consultation with managers and budget holders and with guidance from line manager, taking care to adhere to all policies and strategies.
- Maintain records of budget changes and profiles of expected expenditure on both excel files and the general ledger system regularly evidencing that both systems are in balance
- Analyse budget variances and monitor trends liaising with budget holders to ensure action is taken or issues escalated as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate and timely distribution of monthly financial reports in accordance with departmental timetables.
- Raise invoices as necessary to any external bodies where additional funding (income) has been agreed.
- Assist in the completion of detailed monthly financial reports on the financial position of the designated area of work. These reports must highlight and explain significant variances from plan to inform senior management of any areas of concern.
- Produce accurate and reliable forecasts with budget holders.
- Assist in costing new developments and service changes
- Assist in the apportionment of costs to improve accuracy of costing returns
- Prepare and complete particular sections of the statutory NHS Accounts within the national and local timetables ensuing compliance with the NHS Manual for Accounts and established accounting principles.
- Establish firm working relationships with budget holders and managers through regular contact and communication.
- Process and authorise ESR forms sent to the Finance Department.
- Assist with training of budget holders and staff to ensure that the Trust's resources are managed in an effective way and that internal controls are understood and complied with
- Deal with any other projects and/or duties, which may be allocated by Line Manager and Head of Department.
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation.
- The post holder must have an in depth understanding of accountancy and budgetary control.
- The post holder must be computer literate and will be required to spend long periods of time working at a PC in order to complete the duties of the post.
- The post holder must be able to communicate finance matters easily and clearly to non-financial managers both orally and in writing.
- The post holder must be able to meet deadlines, to effectively prioritise their workload and manage their time.
- The post holder must show considerable commitment to working with managers at all levels in the organisation, and be proactive in their work and thinking.
- Good analytical skills, leading to firm decision making are an essential requirement as is the ability to deal sensitively and act responsibly with highly confidential information.
- The post holder may be asked to assist in the running of formal and informal training sessions with staff at all levels within the organisation.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Management Accountant role, please apply now with your interest.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.