Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£32000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
The successful Management Accountant will have experience of working within a fast paced environment and will have a proven track record in performing Management and Financial accounting tasks.
- Day to day management of Finance and Operations department
- Managing the month end process and ensuring deadlines are met
- Monthly preparation and reporting of Group and departmental financial results
- Balance reconciliations/Schedules
- Journal Entries and reconciliation of ledgers
- Raising and allocation of monthly sales invoices
- Delivery monthly process of payroll, assisted by the Accounts Assistant
- Continuous review of customer debt and cash allocation and escalate as necessary
- Continuous review of Cash Flow forecasts and cash flow management
- Managing payroll duties for other sites
- Managing the day-to-day transactions for other sites
- Support to the Accounts Assistant day-to-day
- Process and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Producing ad-hoc Accounting reports and tasks when they arise
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment and have the ability to adapt quickly
- Experience performing Management and Financial accounting tasks
- Experience in producing timely month end reports
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, able to prioritise a high volume of work and wide range of tasks
- Good communication skills and able to engage with a wide range of people
- Competent user of Microsoft excel
- Experience in submitting VAT returns
- Experience in payroll processes and management
- A self-starting individual with a strong work ethic and capable of planning and managing time effectively
- Ability to communicate confidently at a senior management level
As this is a fixed term role the ideal candidate will be an accomplished Management Accountant with little to no notice period.
To find out more information please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership, Newcastle.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.