£40000 - £42000 per annum
0161 834 1642
Salary: £40,000- £42,000
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit a Management Accountant for a reputable and award winning solicitor firm based in Lancashire.
This exciting opportunity is a newly created, broad and all-encompassing role reporting into the Finance Director. You will have the responsibility for all aspects of financial and management accounting including the improvement of processes and providing commercial business information to the business. As part of a small but very experienced team you will have responsibility and positive influence within the business.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Ownership, preparation and completion of all management accounts and performance summary pack, including the 12 month cash flow and profit and loss account forecasts
- Ownership, preparation and completion of performance dashboards and profitability reports
- Ownership, preparation and completion of year end accounts
- Ownership, preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns for direct submission to HMRC
- Proactive management and key contact with the auditors during the annual audit process
- Preparation of partnership tax and corporation tax computations, for review by auditors
- Management of partner drawings, including profit share adjustments, car changes and current account distributions
- Management and training of subsidiary accountant
- Responsibility for purchase ledger and nominal disbursements ledgers
- Responsibility for Companies House filing
The successful applicant will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) making their first move out of a mid-tier firm or coming from a similar role. Experience of Proclaim and Auditing is a strong advantage. Experience in a law firm is preferable but not essential. Advanced excel skills required, including pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formatting. Experience of report writing from the accounts system an advantage
You must be highly professional, presentable and with strong communication skills and be prepared to work in a small team and to be involved on a hands on basis for the Accounting function, as well as the high level management reporting responsibilities.
You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with continuous improvement in mind, and the ability to motivate oneself, and others, to deliver a high standard of work to agreed timetables, evaluate progress and implement corrective action. Managerial experience is important to this role.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.