Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
£200.00 - £210.00 per day
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership is working on behalf of a North East based NHS Trust to recruit an interim Management Accountant. The successful Management Accountant will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive and accurate financial management service and assist in the provision of financial information, advice, support and intelligence.
- Providing detailed regular financial reports and forecasts to the Clinical Divisions, the Director of Finance and Divisions of the Trust as required.
- Producing internal financial reports to Central Team and Trust Board on behalf of the Director of Finance.
- Ensuring all Divisions activities fulfil the requirements of both the Trust's Standing Financial Instructions and Standing Orders, including the Scheme of Delegation.
- Ensuring adequate financial and information systems are in place across all Divisions to ensure the adequate control of financial resources; this will include the design, implementation, review and improvement of systems where necessary.
Financial Planning and Budgetary Control
- Setting and maintenance of the Trust budgets and reserves, including all those relevant to the Division(s) - to include clinical income and Service Line plans (when implemented).
- Assisting in the production of the Trust annual budget book in liaison with Senior Managers and Directors of the Trust.
- Developing and maintaining sound budget setting processes and a strong system of budgetary control.
- Ensuring effective completion of financial monthly closedown.
- Producing timely and accurate financial forecasts.
Whilst not essential, previous NHS experience and an understanding of NHS financial regimes would be prefereed.
If you'd like to know more about this opportunity, please contact Helen Dodds at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.