Greater Manchester, England
Up to £15.73 per hour
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruited for an interim Management Accountant to work for an established public sector client, based within Greater Manchester.
The post holder will be responsible for providing a wide range of accounting and budgetary support within a designated area of the organisation's operations. Key duties include setting and agreement of annual budgets (financial plans) and monitoring of performance against financial plans through detailed analytical review and investigation of variances.
Key responsibilities of the Management Accountant:
- Agree and set annual budgets in consultation with managers and budget holders and with guidance from line manager, taking care to adhere to all policies and strategies.
- Maintain records of budget changes and profiles of expected expenditure on both excel files and the general ledger system regularly evidencing that both systems are in balance
- Analyse budget variances and monitor trends liaising with budget holders to ensure action is taken or issues escalated as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate and timely distribution of monthly financial reports in accordance with departmental timetables.
- Raise invoices as necessary to any external bodies where additional funding (income) has been agreed.
- Assist in the completion of detailed monthly financial reports on the financial position of the designated area of work. These reports must highlight and explain significant variances from plan to inform senior management of any areas of concern.
- Produce accurate and reliable forecasts with budget holders.
- Assist in costing new developments and service changes
- Assist in the apportionment of costs to improve accuracy of the costing returns
- Establish firm working relationships with budget holders and managers through regular contact and communication.
- Assist with training of budget holders and staff to ensure that the Trust's resources are managed in an effective way and that internal controls are understood and complied with
- The post holder must have an in depth understanding of accountancy and budgetary control.
- The post holder must be computer literate and will be required to spend long periods of time working at a PC in order to complete the duties of the post.
- The post holder must be able to communicate finance matters easily and clearly to non-financial managers both orally and in writing
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Management Accountant role, please apply now.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.