£25000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
Role: Management Accountant
Location: Uttoxeter, Staffordshire
Rate: £25k to £35k
Duration: Will consider Temp to Perm or Straight Perm
Sellick Partnership are currently looking to appoint a Management Accountant for our client based in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire.
About the client:
Our client are an established midlands based demolition company, specialising in commercial and heavy industrial demolition, dismantling, decommissioning and site clearance as well as remediation services. They are proud to be accredited by Safecontractor, CHAS, Eurosafe CDM UK, Constructionline, and Avetta (formerly PICS Auditing). In addition to this they are fully ISO registered.
About the role:
Our client are currently seeking an experienced Management Accountant who will be required to work closely with their Accounts Team and assist other departments.
The right candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Monitor their purchase order approval system and check documents posted onto Sage line 50 in a timely manner, ensuring correct cost centres are used
- Set up new supplier accounts and make account amendments where necessary
- Review supplier statement reconciliations and meticulously follow up on any discrepancies that arise within the ledger.
- Report to the Finance Manager on all matters
- Prioritising work to deadlines and having an organised approach to work
- Work calmly under pressure
- Raise Sales invoices
- Email out statements and chase for settlement of invoices by the due date
- Maintain excel spreadsheets of income and commissions
- Prepare the weekly payroll, and keep reconciled records of payroll and PAYE
- Check VAT Returns and Submit as required to HMRC
- Maintain individual contract P&Ls on a weekly basis
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly management accounts, by reconciling all Balance Sheet Items, prepare Accruals and Prepayments, and review P&L for reasonableness.
- Support The Finance Manager in ad hoc assignments
- Maintain a monthly management accounts file with all supporting documents, and be able to liaise with Auditors at the year end.
- Fully conversant with Sage line 50
- A knowledge of general accounts preparation
- IT literate and fully conversant with Microsoft Office Word and Excel programmes
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail will be key in this role, as is a high level of numeracy and analysis with developed numerical reasoning.
- To work fluidly with other departments as part of the team
- Excellent communication skills
- A recognised accounting qualification and/or qualified by experience
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.