Manchester, Greater Manchester
2 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged on to recruit an interim Management Accountant for an initial duration of 3 months. The main purpose of the role is to deliver the core accounting operations including maintenance of the ledgers, and the production and evaluation of accounting, budgetary and performance information; carry out development appraisals and provide financial assistance to budget holders.
Your main responsibilities for the Management Accountant role will include:
* Support the production of the monthly management accounts within set timescales.
* Manage the accounting systems to accurately track payroll expenditure.
* Assess proposed development schemes and acquisition properties against appraisal criteria. Manage the development appraisal and programme management system to accurately track capital spending.
* Prepare Component Accounting records for completed development schemes, acquisition properties, home improvement works and RTBs. Reconcile balances in the Housing System to the Fixed Asset Module and the General Ledger.
* Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, facilitate budget planning meetings, provide relevant benchmarking information and support Senior Managers' preparation of a budget report which considers team objectives, costs, performance and efficiency/VFM measures.
* Distribute reports detailing expenditure against budget, liaise with budget holders to help interpret results and monitor forecast outturn variances.
* Monitor day-to-day cash requirements, prepare medium term cash flow forecasts which identify future cash requirements, and identify variances compared to the Business Plan.
* Lead on the assessment and monitoring of rent accounting arrangements, rent collection reporting and the annual rent increase.
* Lead on the assessment and monitoring of service charge and leasehold accounting arrangements. Liaise with managers to ensure all appropriate costs are recovered. Prepare information to support the annual statement of costs incurred compared to the charges raised.
* Undertake the day-to-day administration of the accounting software, including the maintenance and amendment of the coding system, review month end close down routines.
* Assist budget holders operate an effective system of electronic purchase order and invoice authorisation routines, resolving individual users' difficulties.
* Assist in the production of the final accounts, Corporation Tax and VAT returns by preparing relevant accounting entries and supporting schedules.
* Manage cost recharge regime and intra group transactions. Assist in the preparation of consolidated and subsidiary company accounts.
Essential experience for the Management Accountant role:
* Professional accountant, qualified CCAB, or part-qualified
* At least 5 years' experience in a finance function
* Experience of preparing budgets, management accounts , statutory accounts, cash flows and Corporation Tax and VAGT returns
* Strong excel skills
* Plan and organise work, managing competing pressures to ensure deadlines are met
This role is to conducted on a hybrid approach and you would be required to be on-site 2 -3 days per week. It is essential to have prior housing experience.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.