£35000 - £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to recruit a Management Accountant for a market leading retail company, who have seen significant growth over the past few years, with plans for further expansion.
The Management Accountant will get the opportunity to drive change, business partner non-financial areas such as Sales, Operations, Marketing and IT whilst delivering continuous improvement across month end, forecasting and accurate reporting.
The business are keen on internal development, so a great opportunity to enhance your skill set and move through the business based on performance, whether this be on a technical or commercial front.
- Weekly and periodic reporting, in addition to ad hoc reporting and providing support to department heads as required (including actual vs. budget, reforecast and prior year, with variance analysis and commentary).
- Involved in the end-to-end period-end process, you will be responsible for a number of cost lines, which will involve posting journals and calculating accruals & prepayments.
- Maintain balance sheet control through preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Business Partner to non-financial divisions such as sales and operations, supporting them on building plans, controlling costs and periodic rolling reforecasts.
- Involvement in the annual audit process, including preparation of schedules and balance sheet reconciliations.
As the Management Accountant you will ideally come from a retail or manufacturing background, with a real understanding on operational and commercial costs and how to increase margins and bottom line. You will have experience delivering end to end management accounts, the desire to work with the wider business and drive continuous improvement.
You will have a number of years' experience delivering month end, variance analysis and cost reviews coming from a qualified or part qualified (finalist) background in CIMA, ACCA, or ACA.
If you feel this Management Accountant position will provide you the next step and challenge in your career then get in touch with John Thistlethwaite at Sellick Partnership 0161 834 1642
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.