£40000 - £46000 per annum
0161 834 1642
Sellick Partnership are offering a qualified Management Accountant a role with a branded UK retail business that offers collaborative working.
A UK leading retail business based in the heart of Lancashire - a great opportunity for a management accountant with Retail or, Manufacturing or raw material experience to shape their future career path.
Our respected client is looking for someone who is committed and driven to develop their career in Finance further and in return for your hard work, we can support you to achieve your ambition through guidance, and experience.
- Working to tight deadlines, you will play a key role in assisting the Head of Central Finance to create a timely period result (Retail P&L and Balance Sheet).
- Preparation of the period end board pack, detailing financial performance and KPI's for the group (distributed to both Executive and Non-executive Directors).
- Involved in the end-to-end period-end process, you will be responsible for a number of cost lines, which will involve posting journals and calculating accruals & prepayments.
- Maintain balance sheet control through preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- To provide accurate, and timely management information to senior management to monitor the business performance and assist the decision making process to enable its successful future development.
- Business Partner to central teams within the support office, offering support on building plans, controlling costs and periodic rolling reforecasts. This will involve liaising with directors/departments heads.
- Weekly and periodic reporting, in addition to ad hoc reporting and providing support to department heads as required (including actual vs. budget, reforecast and prior year, with variance analysis and commentary).
- Involvement in the annual audit process, including preparation of schedules and balance sheet reconciliations.
For the role our client needs a qualified candidate (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who can work alongside senior accountants. Experience of working within a fast-paced management accounts environment, ideally, but not exclusively of working within the retail/manufacturing industry. A background of dealing with raw products or a cost-focused environment is also desirable
Due to the nature of the role you must be highly organised, able to manage and prioritise workload, and have strong excel skills with a comprehensive knowledge of pivot tables, lookup formulas and manipulating data. Experience on SAP would be beneficial, but not essential.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Josh Chambers at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.