Leeds, West Yorkshire
£39000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting for a permanent Management Accountant to a well-established and experienced finance team, on a permanent basis. The role will involve taking the lead on manging the budgetary systems for capital, revenue and expenditure, liaising with senior managers to develop them to ensure they remain fit for purpose. You will be undertaking regular budgetary and performance reporting on capital and revenue and providing advice on a range of financial matters.
Key responsibilities of the Management Accountant includes:
- Produce and monitor the detailed revenue budget
- Liaise with budget holders, ensuring that the budget workbook is properly maintained and updated to reflect organisational change
- Lead on the reporting of revenue variances from budget holders and controllers, investigating variances and providing clear intelligence and forecasts
- Lead on the reporting of capital budgets covering expenditure and forecasts
- Identify and analyse problem budget areas and work in partnership with budget holders
- Lewd on the reporting of capital expenditure and budgets in conjunction with the delivery PMO team, ensuring regular reporting of actual forecast spend to a range of stakeholders
- Deputise for the Head of finance in the use of delegated authority regarding business decisions and advise
Required skills and experience of the Accountant
- Experience of setting and managing revenue and capital budgets for a complex organisation
- Strong understanding of financial controls
- Experience of producing complex budgets for both capital and revenue
- Experience in producing regular management accounts for varied audiences
- Advanced user of excel
- CIPFA qualified, or to hold a recognised CCAB qualification, coupled with extensive not for profit exposure
This is fantastic opportunity to join a company with a fast-paced competitive culture with unrivalled opportunities, including study support you help you progress further within finance. Our client also offers excellent pension, healthcare and work loan schemes as well as an annual bonus.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Management Accountant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.