£150 - £275 per day
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a Management Accountant to join a well-established organisation based in Staffordshire on a temporary basis.
The purpose of the Management Accountant will be to provide financial and commercial advice, support and information in respect of the strategic management, transformation and operational delivery of a range of council services.
Duties of the Management Accountant include:
- To provide financial and commercial advice in relation to the procurement of major projects from specification
- Assisting in the establishment of operational contract management arrangements including financial management and accounting processes, procedures and reporting mechanisms.
- To work closely with relevant project directors, project managers and multi-disciplinary project teams including internal and external advisers to successfully deliver projects
- To deliver high quality, efficient financial, accounting and budgeting services to support the City Council in delivering its corporate aims and objectives.
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- A Full or Part-Qualified CCAB accounting qualification
- Sound understanding of public sector finance, local government financial accounting and reporting standards, systems and related matters and business options appraisals
- Appreciation of the sensitive nature of a political environment
- An understanding of complex commercial contractual arrangements and payment mechanisms under alternative delivery models including procurement processes and knowledge of risk management and risk sharing protocols.
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
*Interviews will be taking place at the end of February*
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice