£38000 - £42000 per annum + Bonus, Pension
8 months ago
Exciting opportunity for a newly qualified Accountant to join a growing PLC in the Manchester area taking ownership of a business unit and leading a small team.
The successful Accountant will lead all management accounting activity ensuring that accurate, and technically robust, management accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels. The service will support senior internal and external stakeholders including Divisional Finance Directors, Head of Group FP&A and external auditors.
- You'll also help drive a culture of continuous improvement within Finance whilst supporting a robust financial control framework. Duties will include but not restricted to:
- Managing the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of the divisional accounts.
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.
- Delivery of group service levels and supporting KPIs to internal and external customers (including Group FP&A, Divisional Finance Business Partners, Divisional Budget Holders and External Auditors).
- Providing divisional accounts and support to the Finance Directors and Finance Business Partners of the relevant Division
The successful candidate will be a newly qualified accountant ACCA/CIMA and looking to push their career forward within a diverse and ever changing business. You will demonstrate strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively coach and motivate your team.
Able to actively engage stakeholders and colleagues to ensure processes are executed consistently and complied with. If you have SSC experience within the General Ledger function that would be advantageous but is not essential.
You will receive an excellent package but more importantly real scope for career progression and development. The business has gone through a period of change and diversified its offering and this has helped its continued growth both in the UK and Globally.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin ASAP. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.