Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £28000 per annum
2 months ago
Exciting opportunity for a Part Qualified Accountant to join a well-established professional services business in Manchester. With a heritage of over 100 years and a reputation for quality within their market, you will be contributing to the continued success of a progressively growing business. Reporting into the Finance Director you will benefit from their support, guidance and mentorship as you develop your career further and grow into the number 2 in Finance position.
The successful Accountant will take ownership and be responsible for the following;
- Hands on with the day to day accounting and production of the flash reports
- Prepare daily money and capital resources calculations
- Calculate and post monthly management accounts, with detail P&L, analysis
- Calculate and set up payment to agents
- Prepare VAT returns and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly/six monthly/annual FCA returns
- Assist the financial controller on ad hoc projects such as system improvement and developing new reports
- Cover for the financial controller and accounts assistant when required
- Working to and adhering to strict regulatory deadlines
- Ad-hoc Excel and VBA based data project work together with streamlining of systems and processes
The successful applicant will be actively studying towards professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA) and committed to Qualification. You will have gained broad exposure across management and financial accounting and have a strong appreciation of excel as a lot of your work and data analysis will be done within Excel. Demonstrate a positive, proactive attitude with the ability to establish rapport and build relationships with colleagues in particular non finance personnel. You will appreciate the heritage and traditions of the business whilst bringing a modern and fresh approach to doing things. An interest and knowledge of the Financial Services market would be advantageous but not essential.
You will benefit from the support of an impressive FD whilst you progress through your professional studies. You will also receive a competitive package with study support. They adapt a professional but relaxed working environment and have excellent staff retention.
For more information on this role please contact Martin Parr ASAP. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.