Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £33000 per annum
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting for a Management Accountant, to join a reputable not for profit client in Manchester.
General purpose of role
- To provide effective and efficient financial management information
- To assist in developing and monitoring the annual budget.
- To assist in financial planning.
- To assist in the delivery of excellent customer focused services.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts for the Group, KPIs and information for all departments.
- Continually develop the budget monitoring information provided to managers.
- Assist in the preparation of the monitoring returns
- Completion of the draft management and statutory accounts
- Supervise the finance team in the following areas:
- Accounts payable
- Balance sheet reconciliations including bank and control account reconciliations.
- Income processing.
- Be an effective point of contact for internal and external auditors in respect of the work of the finance team.
- Prepare the Group's cashflow
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of appropriate performance indicators.
- Undertake an annual review of service charges and income to ensure appropriate recovery of costs.
- Assist in the delivery of the annual and anniversary rent change process ensuring rents are changed in line with government requirements.
- Assist in the provision of benchmarking information to enable the assessment of the value for money of the services provided.
- Undertake ad hoc assignments and other duties as directed by the Senior Finance team.
- Deputise for the Head of Finance in respect of responsibilities related to the job holder's function.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
- Ideally be part qualified with a relevant professional CCAB qualification or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years finance and accounting experience
- including experience of:
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Monthly management accounts
- Reconciliation work
- Good knowledge of reconciliation work
- Whilst not essential, experience of leasehold management and service charges would be desirable.
- A good knowledge of sound financial practice, procedures and systems.
- Experience of computerised accounting and information systems.
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and also establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organisation
- Excellent verbal, written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of customers, internal and external, to meet or exceed their expectations
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.