Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £50000 per annum
6 months ago
Opportunity to join a growing subsidiary of a well established and profitable business that has been trading for over 200 years. Still privately owned they are proud to be listed in the Sunday Times Top Track 250 businesses with annual revenue exceeding £300 million.
As a senior management accountant you will report directly to the Financial Controller and manage a small team responsible for a growth division within the group. You will be the senior finance lead and link between finance and all other stakeholders from warehousing, logistics, operations etc. Duties will include but not restricted to;
- Responsibility for production of annual budgets
- Commercial analysis of P&L's versus budget, prior periods and prior year
- Liaison with the commercial and depot operational teams to highlight opportunities for increasing client profitability including active management of all cost areas
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are carried out monthly
- Assist with annual external audit and year end reporting
- Improving the current finance processes and procedures, and constantly seeking efficiencies
- Ensuring completeness of monthly fee invoicing and management of key supplier payment processes
- Management of credit control function for fee invoicing
- Ad hoc projects including financial analysis to support decision making
- Directly managing and mentoring a small but growing team
The successful candidate will be comfortable liaising with all levels of the business both inside and outside Finance, as well as external stakeholders. You will be a team player that instill this into the culture of the team. A Qualified accountant (CIMA,ACCA,ACA) ideally with exposure to Logistics, Distribution and Warehousing. Experience of making improvements and changes in a fast moving environment which enhances profitability is advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to be the finance lead with the support and backing of a larger group around you. The guidance of both an FD and FC that operate and open door policy. You will operate within a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment for an award winning market leader in their field. Please forward your CV to Martin today.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.