Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
£27000 - £28000 per annum
8 months ago
Initial 3 month
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a Sunderland based organisation on an Immediate Start Management Accountant role, the position is initally 3 month term which could lead to a Perm role for the right candidate. The role is based around providing support and assistance across the Corporate Services Department, with an expectation of flexibility in undertaking responsibilities in keeping with the needs of the business.
The key role is the Preparing Management Accounts - to deliver management accounts, forecasts and budgets across the Company.
* Prepare timely month-end and year end management accounts with appropriate intelligence and reports to allow the business to make informed financial and operational decisions.
* Deliver reporting for projects and contracts to allow the business to determine the profitability of contracts and products in its portfolio.
* Ensure, with the support of the Head of Finance, compliance with UKGAAP, statutory and contractual requirements.
* Produce informative variance analysis to allow for a greater understanding of the financial results of the business.
* Be part of planning and setting of the Group's budgets and forecasts.
* Work in partnership with budget holders and project delivery managers to ensure that their finances are understood and that forecast information is accurate and relevant.
* Prepare audit work for external and internal auditors as part of the annual and any interim and project audit work
Financial Controls - ensure that relevant controls and analysis are in place and monitored.
* Production of reconciliations across the Group accounts to ensure that balances are understood and reflect the activity of the business including all accruals, prepayments, deferrals and assets and other balance sheet accounts.
* Review, in conjunction with the Finance Director, all key reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure the integrity of the Group accounts ensuring that old balances are relevant or actions in place to resolve.
* VAT reports & reconciliation of control account.
* Monitor and review claims and invoicing relating to projects and contracts including the recovery of outstanding invoices.
Essential Skills and Experience
* ICT Literacy with competence in Microsoft Packages
* Ability to analyse management information
* Educated to a minimum of AAT (or by experience in a similar role).
* Ability to work with and contribute to a team environment, as well as working autonomously at times.