Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Management Accountant for a growing and fast paced construction business based in Greater Manchester. This is a new role to oversee a new part of the business - this is a great opportunity to for someone to prove themselves in an SME business and make the role their own.
- Responsible for producing Full Management Accounts
- You will play a key role in assisting the Finance Manager to produce a timely period end result (Group P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Input into the preparation of the period end board pack, detailing financial performance and KPI's
- Involved in the end-to-end period-end process, you will be responsible for a number of cost lines, which will involve posting journals and calculating accruals & prepayments.
- Maintain balance sheet control through preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- To provide accurate, relevant and timely management information to department heads and senior management to monitor the business performance and assist the decision making process to enable its successful future development.
- Preparation of operating cost budgets and periodic rolling reforecast.
- Weekly and periodic reporting, in addition to ad hoc reporting and providing support to department heads as required (including actual vs. budget, reforecast and prior year, with variance analysis and commentary).
- Involvement in the annual audit process, including preparation of schedules and balance sheet reconciliations
- The successful candidate will have previous Management Accounts experience
- The successful candidate will ideally be newly qualified management accountant (CIMA or equivalent), or ideally working towards their final exams
- Strong technically; ability to draft P&Ls and balance sheet
- Experience of working with various income streams
- Strong Excel skills (confident with pivot tables, lookup formulas and manipulating data) are essential
- Previous use of Sage would be essential for the role
- Excellent communication skills which will enable you to build strong internal relationships, with the ability to influence and challenge key stakeholders across the Business, including non-finance department heads.
If you are looking for a career in a challenging, professional environment where you can make your mark as part of a dynamic and committed team, then I want to hear from you. For more information please apply online or contact email@example.com at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership's new website is now live! Featuring a bold new look and streamlined navigation, you'll also enjoy a more personalised experience. Visit us now.