Manchester, Greater Manchester
5 months ago
Fixed-term 12 - 15 month contract (maternity cover)
An experienced Marketing Manager is required to manage an established and successful Marketing team at Sellick Partnership in their Manchester based head office. The Marketing Manager role is a fixed-term contract position, covering maternity leave within the team. The position is a 12 month contract with an additional 2-3 month handover period depending on availability. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and broaden your marketing and managerial skills in a supportive environment.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist with seven offices nationwide. We are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager who can follow and adapt to existing processes and ways of working whilst overseeing and managing the workloads of three people. The Marketing Manager will provide support and guidance to the team and ultimately ensure that everything is delivered to a consistently high standard.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, your remit will be varied and all-encompassing, working alongside employees at all levels within a demanding, yet fun and friendly environment.
Overview of the role and responsibilities of the Marketing Manager
- Manage and oversee the workloads of two Senior Marketing Executives and one Marketing Assistant, providing support and guidance where appropriate, as well as 'hands-on' support to get all activities delivered on time to a consistently high standard.
- Conduct weekly team meetings and monthly reviews with each team member, reviewing the previous month against objectives and looking at what is planned for the following month.
- Full project management of existing marketing projects and campaigns for customer acquisition, retention and employee engagement. Ensuring all projects and campaigns are planned, budgeted, implemented and reported on.
- Copywriting, editing, proofreading and signing off a wide range of marketing content and collateral written by yourself and by the wider team, including marketing flyers and brochures, press releases, email communications, external brochures, blog articles and advertising.
- Assist the Events & Marketing Assistant to plan and deliver a series of internal and external events including facilitating the events on the day itself and reporting on the success of these.
- Assist the Senior Marketing Executive with job board advertising, including supplier management, performance analysis, job board reporting and contract renewals, ensuring that job boards are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist the Senior PR & Marketing Executive with PR, content and social media strategies, ensuring all content is delivered on time, to a high standard in line with the strategic plans for the year.
- Assist the Marketing team with reporting requirements and analysis of all marketing channels, including the website, campaigns, PPC, social media channels and job boards.
- Assist the Finance Director and Marketing team with the management and control of the marketing budget, ensuring all spend is in line with marketing strategy for the financial year.
- Day-to-day management of the company website and intranet, including updating copy and imagery.
- Day-to-day external agency management - working with our external agencies to ensure campaigns and projects are delivered on time and within budget.
To be considered for this role, you will have at least 5 years' marketing and communications experience (or equivalent) working within a professional or business services environment. Previous experience of managing a small Marketing team is essential.
Additional skills and abilities required for this role include:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present confidently to the wider business.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with excellent copywriting, editing and proofreading skills.
- Proven time management, project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- Confidence in reporting on the performance of marketing campaigns and activities, including analysing the results and making recommendations where appropriate.
- Key team player with experience of working across the full marketing mix.
- Diplomacy, tact and understanding of others' priorities to achieve common goals.
- Experience of working with external marketing agencies.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Essential) and Photoshop (Desirable).
Why Sellick Partnership?
Sellick Partnership is an exciting, ambitious and growing business. Over the years we have been awarded a number of accreditations that demonstrate our commitment to quality, developing long-standing relationships and delivering results. These include being recognised as one of 2018's '100 Best Workplaces™ in the UK' by Great Place to Work and being included on the Financial Times FT 1000 list of the 1,000 fastest growing companies in Europe. We have also achieved Investors in People Gold and attained ISO 9001:2015.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website