£20.00 - £25.00 per hour + £Negotiable
3 months ago
Location - Derby
Rate - Negotiable
Duration - On going contract
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to work with in a facilities management team for a client based in Derby.
The duties of the post consist of the following:
- Support the line manager relating to compliance with all Statutory Regulations and legislation, pertinent to the work
- Monitoring of the Building Energy Management System to ensure efficient running of site equipment and to instigate fault finding and remedial works
- Provide technical support in determining the suitability of the existing mechanical ventilation systems and determine how to improve the systems.
- Prepare detailed documents, design specifications and drawings for tenders for issue either to the University workforce or external contractors for Mechanical
- Project Management of works carried out by the client workforce and by external contractors
- Clerking and monitoring of works carried out by client workforce and external contractors in connection with service contracts
- Organise, manage and monitor service contracts covering mechanical
- Prepare cost estimates for projects for budgeting
- Surveying and preparing reports of mechanical installations on all locations/sites for forward planning and preventative maintenance.
- Co-ordinate and administrate planned preventive maintenance schemes and contracts for mechanical equipment
- Ensure that all work undertaken by external contractors comply with relevant legislation and health and
- To ensure that safe systems of work are initiated and complied with for all mechanical installations, maintenance and remedial work carried out within the building.
- To attend seminars and courses relevant to the post with the aim of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- To carry out any other duties as may be required and appropriate to the post
- Relevant Degree or equivalent qualification or comparable knowledge of Building Services on a large Estate gained through professional experience.
- HND (Preferred)
- Significant demonstrable experience in a similar post.
- Experience of working within a Team
- Good understanding of Mechanical Ventilation systems to enable improvements as a result of the pandemic.
- Must be able to assist the DLO in replacing valves, sensors, relays etc to ensure equipment continues to be operational.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Proven experience in the Surveying and preparing reports of electrical and mechanical installations for forward planning and preventative maintenance.
- An excellent working knowledge of Mechanical legislation and other Statutory Regulations pertinent to the post.
- Demonstrable practical knowledge relating to the post; of maintenance regimes as detailed in Cibse Guide M or SFG20.
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety Regulations and legislation.
- Ability to produce technical reports and specifications.
- Ability to direct/Supervise contractors and effectively manage task-based projects.
- Ability to co-ordinate a varied workload and manage competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Good IT skills, including the use of CAFM systems and Microsoft Project
The client will consider candidates with either a strong mechanical background.
If you feel like you have the relevant experience and qualifications, please apply.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.