6 months ago
Specialist Medical Engineer
A Specialist Medical Engineer is required to join a public sector organisation based in Blackpool.
As a Specialist Medical Engineer, you will repair and maintenance a wide range of medical equipment to a high technical and support the work of the Service by undertaking duties at community sites across Lancashire and any other locations as required.
Responsibilities for this role includes:
- Performing repairs, calibration verifications and safety tests on a wide range of medical equipment including highly complex and highly technical specialist equipment.
- Performing planned maintenance on a wide range of medical equipment including highly technical, highly complex specialist equipment.
- Commissioning, and undertake performance and safety tests.
- Installing new equipment whilst recording inventory data for inclusion on the medical equipment management database/information system.
- Using a wide range of highly technical, highly complex, medical, electronic and mechanical test, calibration and simulation equipment and tools.
- Measuring, analysing and recording test data and taking corrective action for equipment falling outside stated performance criteria.
- Consulting with manufacturers and looking at internally produced documentation to extract information to allow servicing to be undertaken.
- Communicating Information to patients, clinical staff, customers and external engineers and suppliers.
- Supporting and mentoring junior staff in Medical Engineering Department.
- Providing technical support to clinical staff.
- Operating to department quality systems; including document control, stores system's and stock control.
- Recording and progressing work on the Computerised Equipment Management database (eQuip).
- Organising your own daily work schedule on work allocated by the Team Leader.
The successful candidate will have:
- A BSC (Hons) / BEng (Hons) in Medical Physics Technology or other appropriate discipline.
- A HNC/HND will be considered provided the level of experience matches the job profile.
- Substantial practical working experience on Specialist Medical Equipment. (4 years minimum).
- IT/Software package experience Ability to use a computer and Microsoft office packages.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic principles (4 years minimum).
- A good understanding of clinical parameters and potential risks to patients and staff arising from equipment failure.
- Knowledge of legislation.
- Clinical knowledge and understanding.
- A full clean driver's license.
- Business Insurance.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.