Multi skilled Operative
£28000.00 - £28666.00 per annum
Multi Skilled Operative (Roofing, Groundwork, Plastering and Plumbing)
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Are you an experienced Multi skilled operative? Are you based near Staffordshire?
We are currently working with a local social housing organisation, who are looking for an experienced Multi skilled professional to join their responsive repairs team carrying out high quality maintenance work to the Group's properties.
Duties of the Multi skilled operative will include, but is not limited to:
- Carrying multi-skilled tradesman duties, including plumbing, carpentry, wet trades and building plus related finishes, patching and any other trades duties where necessary
- Receiving job orders and arranging visits to keep pre-arranged appointments
- Carrying out jobs according to instructions and to keep materials usage to a minimum consistent with required quality standards, obtaining approval whenever any substantial variation from orders is required
- Reporting to the Responsive Repairs Supervisor any additional items or defects encountered during the course of day-to-day work
- Collecting necessary goods from stock or from suppliers
- Ensuring all tools, vehicles, equipment and plant used are kept in good working order and serviced regularly
- Keeping accurate daily and weekly records of work carried out on job tickets and timesheets or portable computer, in accordance with procedures
- Working management directed overtime as required payable in accordance with Cash Value Incentive Scheme
The successful Multi skilled operative will have:
- A suitable C&G NVQ qualification
- Full clean UK driving Licence
- Experience in maintenance preferably with Housing Association background
- Have multi skilled experience i.e. completing different trade work
- Working knowledge of current building regulations, construction industry safety regulations, relevant British standards and codes of practice Mentoring trainees and apprentices
If you believe that you are well-suited to the role of Multi skilled operative, please apply. For additional information, please contact Danni Kemp at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.